State Law Change Affects All Clubs
The PA Child Protective Services Law changed effective January 1, 2015. All background checks must be completed using the provider designated by Pennsylvania per the requirements of the law. Individuals fall into two categories…paid and volunteer…and each has its own set of required clearances. All individuals must upload the required documents into the PA West Soccer Online Risk Management System (link to the portal and additional info at the bottom of the page).
Volunteers must provide the following:
-State Police Criminal Record Check
-PA Child Abuse History Clearance
-if PA resident for at least the past 10 years…a complete and notarized Volunteer affidavit
-if PA resident for less than the past 10 years…FBI Criminal Background Check
-SafeSport Certification (must use link provided below)
Please use the links below to find out how to obtain the necessary clearances!
*If you have lived in PA for 10+ years, you can get the volunteer affidavit notarized instead of the FBI Clearance.
Safe Sport Certificate
Click here to obtain your safe sport certificate
1. Sign in (returning) or Sign Up
2. If prompted, log in to the new account you just created.
If it ask for a code:
3. Click on “Menu” and select “Catalog.”
4. Click the Start button for “SafeSport Trained – U.S. Soccer Federation” to complete the course.
5. Upload your certificate of completion to PA West (if it has not been done automatically)